Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just gorgeous

Lets cut to the chase. My book is about a Jewish family who own a restaurant in midtown Manhattan, and being the Jewish Russian immigrants they are, they always use the word gorgeous. Everything is just gorgeous to them. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. They can't get enough of it, and neither can I. So basically today, I want to talk about the word of the day: Gorgeous.

When something is gorgeous, what do we think off? I think of something that is not beautiful. It can be rather close to beautiful, but there is just something lacking from the whole word itself. Beautiful is an adjective that in itself is beautiful. Gorgeous is more of the word of the common folk, something that anyone can use to just describe anything. While beautiful is used to describe the greater things in life. Flowers, paintings, culture, people. Gorgeous is used to describe things like hats, and excessive make - up use.

Gorgeous is common folk words. It is the scum of the bottom feeders, no one will touch it. Soviet Russia wants to crush the word itself. It must perish.

I really let that blog post leave my grasp as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment