Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rotten punk kids

       I have cleverly deducted why people hate teenagers so much. Why everyone thinks all of us are mean, obnoxious and rude. It is because of the way we are portrayed in books. I'm sure that someone else has already thought about this, but I have a new way of looking at it.
       Say an elderly man is reading a book, about a nice elderly man who reads books about other elderly men. Stay with me. In the book, there are some teenagers who are not that mean, hey are just going through a tough time in there life A.K.A puberty. The man decides that the book was boring and cliche, so he does not like it. In fact, he laments this book. It is the vain of his existence. He goes out for a stroll to clear his head, and he sees some teenagers, just hanging around a street corner. He remembers the book and that teenagers were in it, and boy does he hate that book and everything it talks about (besides elderly men who read about other elderly men, such as himself). He yells "Damn it you punk kids, why do you ruin my life?", and calls the cops.
       I thought about all this, because in a book I just read called someday this pain will all be useful to you, the teenagers are totally awful people, and the main character James can see right through all of there facades and into their horrible inner core. Funnily enough, James is also a teenager and he hates it. Chin up James.
       So now we have seen that the reason people hate teenagers so much, is not because they are bad people. It is because of an overly complex system of ideas and theories that travels through peoples brains and confuses everyone.
       Or we just generally are horrible, rotten, rude, obnoxious, mean, evil, disgusting, menacing, distasteful, degrading to our society people.
       But mine sounds better.

5 comments:

  1. im probably the horrible, rotten, rude, obnoxious, mean, evil, disgusting, menacing, distasteful teenager u suggest some people may be, lol, but I really liked this, I like the way it is super confusing, but when reading it slower, i totally get it. I agree, books (and tv) make it look like teens are horrible. Have u ever seen Glee? Its like a bunch of snotty teens.
    anyway, nice commenting on ur post.
    <3 Dea

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY THEO! I think you really know how to express your thoughts. I understood everything you were saying. That doesn't mean I agree with you completely, but you have a good argument. I think one thing you could have done was to elaborate on the the other side of the argument a little more and then decide what you think so the reader gets both sides from your point of view. Other than that. G'JOB THEODORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea Dea, ur definatley the horrible, rotten, obnoxious, mean, evil, disgusting, menacing, distasteful type of teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this post, and almost 100% agree. I really get a good visual of your ideas with the seen with the mean old man. I think that there are definatly both types of teenagers, and I think some of the stereotypes people get are true about some people. overall I really like the post.

    ReplyDelete