Wednesday, February 2, 2011

shhh, don't tell anyone...

Secrets. What odd things like, "don't tell Tracy, but we're all going to the mall later" or "Don't tell the American public, but we stole Nixon's views on communist Cuba, and forced our wrongfully preachy views upon him." They are made up of little things called words, which in secrets can really hurt people's feelings. Or minds. Or countries. Really though, secrets are dangerous things.

I am still reading The dark side of Camelot, which is really just an amazing book. Every page is a new burst of history I didn't know, and now do. Some pages (or should I say most pages), tell of countless secrets. Countless corrupt secrets that would have destroyed the Kennedy campaign. I like them.

Secrets are so scary. I hate it when people talk behind my back about me, but I love doing it to other people. A good piece of gossip can turn my day around, even when I was having a horrible day. The two faces of secrets makes them a true monster. They can entertain, but at the same time they can destroy. They can be wielded as a weapon, one more powerful the sword. You can't regret things when your dead because you don't think. Secrets can destroy anything from friendships to presidential nominations.

The president of the United States of America is supposed to be someone great. Someone who will help the nation, and at the same time help the world. Humans have secrets. Secrets can destroy people. The president is human. Therefore, the president can be destroyed by secrets.

Probably not just JFK.

The question is not does the president have secrets, but do we want to know them.

Conspiracies are catching.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree.

    Secrets are fun to tell, yet they should not be untold. But thinking deeper, there's not really a point in holding a secret. It'll only be there to taunt. Some say a secret is meant to be told to others. But, we really fear what is unknown.

    I can relate to your connections, too. My family likes to talk about me (LITERALLY, behind my back. It's horrible. Its disturbing), apparently about how stubborn I am, which is just ... irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right in some ways. I think you did a good job of not holding back of what you actually feel. I could see you saying this. I think you should work on finding a deeper meaning. It kinda stayed on the same thing throughout the whole post. Overall great job Theo! SCRAW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theo I really liked how you didn't only stay in the book or related to the real world, but you used both. I like how you didn't stay talking about how the book this and how the book that, but you actually made it easy for me to actually think about these secrets that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we can't question our leaders because you know what happens when people question their leaders. communist russia. just kidding, but honestly in a country where the people question their leaders past and private life bad things happen. like revolutions and dictators. we should know things about the president but not everything.

    ReplyDelete