Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Day

At this very moment, I am sick. I am writing this write as ELA class is ending on Thursday. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Egypt is in a state of turmoil at the moment, as everyday thousands of protesters file out into the streets of Cairo and protest outside the palace of their corrupt dictator. This man, who's name I can not hope to spell, has run a fake democracy in Egypt for over 30 years now. The Egyptian people have finally grown too restless, and want change. The U.S. is stuck in a bit of crossfire, as they totally support the protesters, but then again the dictator has been a loyal ally to the U.S. all his years.

In Egypt, a youth organization has been streaming live images over social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. The video's have helped rally support for their cause, both in Egypt and abroad. What they're doing is by no means illegal, but of course they are trying to be shut down by the dictator and his supporters as they are denting his support.

What they are doing is by no means that dangerous at all, but it still takes a little courage. This kind of courage is shown by not many, and if it was, the world would be a better place in so many ways. I ask you all to try and get the kind of courage that these people have, and help the world in little ways, that might just be big after all.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you Theo. I think you summarized the situation really well. If someone didn't know what was going on, this would help them understand. I think the only thing missing in this post, is more of your opinion. You sort of just repeated most of the stuff we said in class. I wanna see more Theo in it. Overall great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo. I thought we had to right about our independent reading book but If I put that aside I agree with you 100%. I find it really good how you really described a basic overview of the "Crisis in Cairo" I did find it quite boring though since I already know the Overview but I think your could have tried to make it a little more exciting like your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree but how is this related to independent reading? i understand the need to make a statement but i don't really get why you did it in this fashion. otherwise it was a fine post but it didn't have much personality in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to admit, this blogpost is really well written and I agree with your statement. At first I didn't know any of this stuff, but now you made my mind open to these facts. All you need though is to write about what you feel about this situation.

    ReplyDelete