Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yay, shopping!

I recently finished a wonderful book, by the wonderful name of White Teeth. This book was so entertaining, that when I finished it, I thought that no book could possibly be better then this one. My life was in some dark times. For alas, no book could compare to the witty wonders of White Teeth. Just as I was contemplating suicide (kidding, kidding), a large blue object appeared in my sight. It was my bookshelf.

Like a superhero, my bookshelf popped out of no where and saved the day. For this bookshelf had books I had yet to read. Then came the problem. Which one should I read first? There was The Long Firm and Saturday, Experience and Dreamland, all at my fingers and waiting to be opened.

I have not opened any yet.

Do you know that feeling you get, when someone hands you a present, and you are just stuck thinking, "oh, goodie!" But then all of the sudden you open it and you get some socks, or a Bingo strategy guide. I have the same scenario. I don't want to open any because I'm scared of what might come. If I build up my hopes, just to have them crash down like a airless balloon.

But I will have to eventually.

4 comments:

  1. ummmmmm..., theo, these blog posts are supposed to be about the books that we finsh or are currently reading.what does choosing a new book have to do with deep thinking? any way i liked your story about how books "saved you from suicide". you should have wrote, "i wanted to commit suicide until i became johnny's math teacher."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo, ya Johnny's right. You had the entire day to right a blog since you left early and you had to wing it. I think you could have talked actually about the book instead of just well this...

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theo, I think you did a good job other than what Johnny and Ames are talking about (and they're right). You told your story in a witty and clever way, but this isn't a story blog. It's a reading response blog. Just put your good writing into that. And also into stories if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ames, Johnny, I don't think I am the only one who is dead tired of writing the same basic blog post every week, I want to make things interesting, I did not wing it.

    ReplyDelete